ctrl-tab in 2008

In my continuing quest to figure out the new interface for 2008-here is my next question.

The Ctrl/Tab key combination used to cycle through open files. It seemed to have a logical way of operating in that it just went from one to the other in a loop. Now it does not seem to do that. I often go back and forth between the same 2 files. I try clicking on the file I want but it seems to have a delayed effect in that I still have to go back to an unwanted file before I can get to the one I want.

Can somebody give me a hint on how to use this now? Thanks.

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

JK,

CTRL-TAB is the only reliable way now to get to open documents and it isn't that reliable itself. It doesn't work like before, it opens a "palette of documents" and you have to pick one. Because of the problem with the Command Manager losing it's context you end up doing CTRL-TAB alot when working on a part/drawing combination or part/ assembly combination to get the right icons.

IMHO this is a beta problem that is making it's way to 2009Beta.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Keep the Ctrl key pressed with the Ctrl/Tab, then you can select the required window

It seems that SW08 Sp4 will fix the window selection through the menu. Willem

"John Kreutzberger" schreef in bericht news:8fydnd2aY_Z0D6HVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.surewest...

Reply to
Willem1

It just defaults to the last active document you had. If you have several open and want to get to a different document, simply hold down Ctrl and tab through the list of documents. It's actually very nice for when you want to tweak a part, but don't want to edit it in context of an assembly. You can have several open, but only switch between the last two active documents.

HTH

Reply to
yawdro

Yep-holding down the ctrl key is the point I was missing. Don't know what was wrong with the old way, but I can now manage it. Thanks.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger