Custom Annotations

Does anyone know how I can invent a custom annotation? I'd like to use NAS 523 fastener callouts.

Thanks,

Reply to
John Kimmel

I guess I'm not alone in wondering what it is that you really are looking for. In a part, you can type in a description that shows in the BOM. Or, you can have a note with the description. But, somehow these seem too obvious, so I don't know how to help. A bit more description, please.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Reply to
John Kimmel

Oh, no wonder I didn't know - I have never heard of it. Ok, sorry - not much help here.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

....used a LOT in aircraft assembly drawings.

Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler

Reply to
John Kimmel

An alternative to blocks would be to define your own personal "symbol" library. These are defined in the "gtol.sym" file in the \lang\english directory. I'm not making light of using blocks, but personally, I don't like them much.

Reply to
Eddie

Those would work, too - but, as far as my li'l brain comprehends, symbols are static - you can't change the text in 'em. NAS rivet codes have many variations of the information displayed like John described. Blocks are easy to set up with editable attributes.

To each his/her own....

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler