Sp 1.1 HotFix

Wondering... those of you who have needed to use the hotfix for SP1.1. How big is the file? How hard was it to get it from Microsoft? What was the phone number? Does anyone want to host it somewhere so that others do not have to go through the process to get it?

Thanks Steve Tietz

Reply to
Steve Tietz

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I was following that thread & didn't realize it got so many posts since the last time I looked. I should have done my homework first. Thank you for your help!!

Steve Tietz

Reply to
Steve Tietz

ER..., It (the Sp1.1/hotfix thread) only addressed the method of using Norton Ghost or similar disk imaging programs, to get back a stable system if and when the SP/Hotfix/upgrade hoses your system.

On my all my personal/business systems, I also have a minimum two drive setup. OS & apps on one, Data on another, source files/patches/demos/downloads in a partition or drive all to themselves. I have used both Norton Ghost and Acronis to do imaging at varying levels of success. But not everyone out there can configure their system this way.

So again?

  1. Who needs the hotfix? (see below) And more importantly
  2. How can you get it (a link would be nice) without wasting a lot time on the phone/etc...?

According to the Solidworks SP1.1 technical bulletin:

" If you experience this problem, an error dialog will be shown when you apply the Service Pack. This dialog will provide you with the telephone support information that you need to obtain the free of charge Microsoft hot fix number 893048. After applying this hot fix you will then be able to install the SolidWorks 2005 SP 1.1 patch. "

According to a previous thread above, the phone number was wrong, etc.... and no I have not applied the SP1.1...... yet.

ca

Reply to
clay

I was referring to the comments toward the end from Mike Eckstein that described the method of implementing the MS patch. It could be that you haven't seen it yet if your news is delayed for a while.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Read down through my post on the hot fix, it gives the address of the FTP site and password to unzip the file

Mike Eckstein

Reply to
Michael Eckstein