current password-hotfix

So, Michael Eckstein kindly posted the link to the hotfix and passwords that were usable until yesterday. Being totally slammed, I didn't get around to any of this until today and of course the password for unzipping the file is not any good anymore. Anybody have a clue on how to get the new password?

I called my VAR and got this reply: If I am up-grading from sp0.1, then I will have no problem applying sp1.1 because it will be the second service pack and I will be allowed to apply it. Any problem would occur only when I attempt to apply the NEXT service pack of SW. Chances are (he said) that Microsoft will issue a general windows update for this problem before this happens so I shouldn't worry about it.

Please excuse me if I am a little skeptical of that answer. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

jk

Reply to
jk

the problem is a bug in the MS installer 3.0 that came with xpsp2. there are difficulties after 2 patch operations -i.e. service packs, or repairs, or removals.see here

you have done nothing else but install sp0.0, sp0.1 and now sp1.1 you will be ok for now to install but note the condition that you will need the patch to do anything else. contact MS the support is free for this issue.HTH

Reply to
neil

You will not be able to rollback to sp0.0 or sp0.1 from sp1.1 without the hotfix. I found this out the hard way last night.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Matus