Updating from SW2004 SP5

I am going to be updating our departments SW2004 SP5 to SW2005 SP1.1. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the best way to go about
this is? Our VAR suggested we wait to load SW2005 until the SP1.1 came out which is why we haven't gone to 05' yet. Do I need to completely uninstall 2004 before loading 2005 and is it necessary to get the Hotfix from MS before I load 2005? Thanks for the help.
You do not have to unload 2004 - my suggestion is to make a new installation of 2005 as you may want to jump back into 2004 for some reason. I have standardized here on a format of "C:\Program Files\SolidWorks2005" & "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Solidworks Data2005" as this keeps things separated. I have created a batch file that I run from the server that helps on the installation similar to an admin image, without the downsides. It installs SW & eDrawings, and then copies all the standard templates, macros, settings, etc. If you install in the same exact folder structure as I have, you could use my registry files, etc. Let me know if you want them.
As far as the hotfix, do a search on it in this NG as it has already been spelled out very well several times.
WT

Found out today that there is a bug in SW 05 Sp 01.1, but there seems to be the same bug also in SW 04 Sp5.
Just wondered why my old component patterns lightened up the whole tree, here's the answer.
http://www.solidworks.com/pages/services/CustomerBulletins.html
Krister L