Sand Casting Text

Our pattern shop uses Sharp Face Gothic Letters on the Patterns. What Font should I use in my models.

Thanks

SS

Reply to
Singh S

Use a bold or extra bold True-Type font. Expect your SolidWorks file size to literally mushroom, though. Lots of SolidWorks users don't put their text on their parts as a result of this, but it is a performance and preference issue.

There are 'Display' and 'Poster' type large fonts which sometimes fall into the catagory of good fonts.

Sharp edged fonts are a problem if you are milling the characters, whether recessed or proud of the surface. Milling cutters can't do sharp corners, and hence rounded corners are desirable for "engraving" cutters.

I have used VAG Rounded font, which originally came from Volkswagen AG which I bought from one of the font houses, though there are many you might want to try.

No easy answsers.

Bo

S> Our pattern shop uses Sharp Face Gothic Letters on the Patterns.

Reply to
Bo

There was a tip given at SWW about getting more performance with text by making your own. Fonts have lots of little curves and lines in them. This of course make SW work extra hard. Not only does this make SW work hard, but the little curves and arcs frequently will cause problems when putting in draft and fillets which of course is a matter of course when designing a mold or pattern.

Bo wrote:

performance

"engraving"

Reply to