deleting old referenced documents

I need a tip for a better way of deleting obsolete referenced documents. I have a down rev/old version of a sub-assembly mixed in with the full assembly of a machine I'm working on. I would like to delete this old sub-assembly and all its no longer used components from the main folder. I can do it the long way, i.e. open up the sub assembly, list the referenced components, close it back up and then delete the files on the list or .... Since there are quite a few old components, this can be pretty time consuming. I would think there is a more streamlined way of cleaning up the obsolete parts from the project folder. I tried SW Explorer but, even though it will list the old references, it does not have a command to delete them. Sure would appreciate any suggestions.

Regards,

Mannyr

Reply to
Manny

How about the opposite - open all the good drawings, assys, etc and save out the references to some location. This will give you the opportunity to unselect some library parts, etc. Now go back and delete/move out everything from the original folder, and finish by moving all the good stuff back to where you were. That way all the references still point to the right locations.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Good suggestion. I'll definitely burn a CD of the folder first as backup and try that approach. Is there a plug in or other application that could do it just by selecting the old sub-assembly? Thanks!

Manny

Reply to
Manny

The way Wayne describes is the best to my opinion. If you have a part which is used in the old and in the new assembly, you will delete it when you look at the reference listing of the old-assembly. But when you first copy out all the "new" parts, you will not delete this part. \/\/im

Reply to
Wim