File Locations -> Referenced Documents only goes 1 level deep, why?

I have an assy with multiple subassys that I created in a flat level, 1 folder (C:\My Machine). I want to seperate all the purchase parts. I seperated the files in Windows Explorer, ex. bearings go in the C:\Purchase parts\Bearings folder, motors in C:\Purchase Parts\motor folder etc.

I set my File Locations -> Referenced Documents to C:\Purchase Parts and C:\My Machine. When I open the main assy, it dosent find the bearings and motors, and wants me to locate them manually. If I go back to my File Locations -> Referenced Documents and put C:\Purchase Parts\bearings and C:\Purchase Parts\motors, SolidWorks will find the bearings and motors.

Why doesnt SolidWorks look in the subfolders of C:\Purchase Parts? Having to put every purchase part folder under the File Locations does make any sense.

Reply to
SW Monkey

I agree that it should search ( or at least have the option to ) subfolders. However, if you use SWexplorer to move your parts in the future, it will update the references location of the assembly and its not an issue.

Reply to
Brian