Part can't find drawing ????

Is there a setting or check box or ?????? that will enable you to open the drawing of a part by right clicking the top icon and selecting "open drawing" ????

It doesn't seem to work in either 2005 SP5, or 2006 SP4. Is it busted ???

TIA

Mark

Reply to
MM

Works here for me - SW2006 SP4.0.

Do a RMB on the top item, and if you don't see Open Drawing right towards the top, then customize your menu to show that item. Or, hit the little down arrow at the bottom to show all the items. Then see if it's there.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Reply to
matt

For this command to work, the drawing must be in the active path and it must have the exact same name as the model (except for the extension). Brad

Reply to
Brad

matt wrote in news:_6D1g.1888$Fy1.631@trnddc02:

Doesn't it also require that they have the same name?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Ok, ok, for it to just plain open, that's the case. But if those things aren't in place, then the Windows File/Open box opens and you can then tell it what to open.

I read into the original post that the function wasn't producing any response at all for the OP. Maybe I read more into it than was intended, but that was the basis of my answer.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany