Dell M65 vs M70

Hello All,

I know that this has been talked about to death, but... It looks like I can buy a refurb M65 for about the same as a refurb M70. I know that SW will not take advantage of the duo processor. How is the Nvidia Quadro 350M vs Quadro FX Go 1400.

All opinions welcome, especially those from owners of either.

TIA, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I have an M70 and it runs SolidWorks 2007 Beta just fine. I don't know about the comparison directly but I was sad that the M70 was neither Hyper Threaded or Duo Core. SolidWorks currently takes advantage of Duo Core in cases like PhotoWorks and Assembly Drawings. You won't see a difference when it comes to strait up part modeling, except that your other applications will nearly never see a slowdown because SolidWorks is thinking.

Regards, Corey

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
CS

Reply to
SolidBug

I thought a note made about a month ago by one user stated that the M65 was faster, so search prior messages.

Bo

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
Bo