Dependent Sketch in new plane

For making loft guide line a spline sketch ( sketch1) is drawn on a plane . Same sketch is copied as (sketch2) ( for keeping same profile) on other plane which is at right-angle to previous one. How can I establish relation between these two sketches , so that any change in sketch1 will get reflected or copied automatically in sketch 2.

Reply to
ktc

You will have to use linked dimensions to accomplish this.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Insert "Derived Sketch", sketch profile will be linked, you just have to lock the position down with sketch relations.

Reply to
Jason

I agree with Jason. Derived sketches are the way to go.

You could use linked dimensions or equations. But derived sketches are a lot faster.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I tried this. SPline skecth is drawn on front plane, when tried to derive on Right plane. SW gives error message "sketch cannot be inserted using the currently selected edge" However derived sketch works perfectly on the model face.

Reply to
ktc