Mirror spline & parabola from an existing sketch in SW1005 woes?

Greetings:

Is there ne1 installed SW2005 sp0 yet? If so, could you please try to sketch a spline. Create a second sketch on the same plane using convert entity to convert your first sketch, draw a center line and mirror it. Change your convert entity to construction entities. Now try to modify your spline of the 1st sketch by dragging it control points, does your 2nd sketch update after you commit the change for the 1st sketch? It doesn't work for me. I try different entities such as rectangle, polygon, circle, etc. Except for the parabola entity which behave similar to spline, everything else seems to work as I expected.

I try this in SW2004 and it works fine. Does anyone have an idea what I am missing?

Reply to
John

John,

Congradulations,,, you just found a bug

Submit it.

Mark

Reply to
MM

Thanks for reassuring me that I am not alone.

Yippie I find a bug.

Will I get a bonus check, discount on service contract or something in return if I report this, hehehe. Times are tough and I try meet my ends.

Reply to
John

You get the satisfaction of a job well done, that you helped to make SW a little better. If they ever get around to fixing it, that is. But, they can't fix it if they don't know about it. Thanks for pitching in.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Yep, dats a bug for sure!

BTW, I don't have to change to a construction for this to not work.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

As for the parabola, it seems to work "but", like most stuff, I have to force a rebuild "ctrl-q" for this to update.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Thank you all for your input.

Dale: I hope that you didn't take my joke seriously. :-)

Reply to
John

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.sg (John) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Well, I can't keep track of who's a first-time bug submitter, so I decided to try to be encouraging.

Reply to
Dale Dunn