Question for anyone using efunda.com

Hello All,

If there is anyone (and I know your out there) that uses efunda for finding material props for thier SW material DB's.

Could someone explain to my how to get N/in^2 from N/m^2? Or do you convert from something else and what? I have a great little program called Convert, but it doesn't have anything to do with Newtons that I could find. What I'm actually looking for is the Material properties for Acetel and/or Delrin.

TIA, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Hi Muggs, Best point to go for materials info is

To convert from N/in^2 to N/^m2 you'd divide by 1550 (roughly) just on a units conversion. (1550 square inches in 1 square m) HTH, JOe

Reply to
Joe T

As always, Google is king. Simply enter something like this in the Google seach box:

14.7lb/in^2 = ? N/m^2

and you get something like this in return:

14.7 (lb / (in^2)) = 101 352.932 N / (m^2)

So in your case it would be:

x.xxN/m^2 = ? N/in^2

Complete instructions here:

To paraphrase Homer Simpson:

"Google. Is there nothing they can't do??"

Jim S.

Reply to
Jim Sculley

NO STINKING WAY!!! That's awesome!

Thanks Jim, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Reply to
That70sTick

Thank you Tick,

I wasn't going to go there because I thought maybe it's a standard measurement that I was unaware of, but that's exactly what I was thinking. But I'm thinking SW is making strides because in SW2004 it was in N/m^2.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Hi Muggs,

What you need is one of these: Calc98 available at

Versaverter available at

Vinodh Kumar M.

VaKraVaK

Thanks Vinodh, That's very much like what I have. Only much better!!!

Thanks again, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Hi again,

...just forgot to mention that both of them (Calc98 & Versaverter) can be customized so that new units can be added... (and that is what I like so much about them)

Regards,

Vinodh Kumar M.

VaKraVaK