Section view on different sheet than main view?

Hello all,

I need a section view of a model but I can't fit it on the same sheet as the view in which I have drawn the section line. Of course I can place a new view of the model outside the printable area on a new sheet, define the section there and place the section view on the sheet proper, but then I lose the relationship to the main view on the other sheet.

Thoughts? Thanks!

--Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Haude

Create your new sheet, and drag the section view to the new sheet from the feature manager.

An alternate way to do this is to highlight the view and cut (ctrl-x), then switch to the new sheet and paste (ctrl-v).

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Just to add a bit to what Seth said. When you switch to the blank sheet you need to click in the middle of the sheet and then paste.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

Yep! Forgot to mention that....

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Am 22.03.2006, 13:13 Uhr, schrieb Seth Renigar :

Stupid me! I've tried it with Copy (ctrl-c), but then couldn't paste on the new sheet. Probably because SW doesn't let you copy views.

Apart from that I've figured out the dragging-in-tree method myself.

Thanks everybody,

--Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Haude