DIM Snapping Inconsistant

Hello,

OK. I'm going to try and explain this in a calm manner. But something tells me that'll go out the window by 3rd sentance. Is it just me or is the dimention auto snapping screwed? Do this simple test... Insert some model DIMs. position them to make sure they are snapped to the specified default gaps (from model and then from DIM to DIM gaps). Now... add a reference DIM (just add a DIM from within a drawing) and try to aligh it up as a Continued Dimension with the already inserted model DIMs. The STUPID F'N thing "snaps" half a text height out! And this is just one instance. It does it with inserted DIMs at random. Just all of a suddon it snaps.. but snaps NOT ligned up! I can't beleive such a simple task is so stuffed up.

Ok so basically i'm wondering am i the only one seeing this kind of drama?

Right that should do it. Sorry for the anger. :P i wont get started on whitness line snapping and changing say a sheet metal thickness to snap to the end of the thickness makes a totally unrelated part of the dimention change sizes and vary from the specified standard!

Painfully,

-DWH

Reply to
Anonymous

Have you read all the documentation on dimension snapping including the SW newsletters? I'll admit it is not always clear or complete but there are oodles of options that control dimensioning and many niceties and nuances to the user interface.

TOP

Reply to
TOP