Doesn't VX have there own forum?

What's with all this VX stuff, or has someone got issues?

steve

Reply to
solid steve

someone has issues.

Reply to
kmaren24

OH BOY, does someone have issues!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

There is a forum for VX users at

That would be a better place than here to learn about and ask questions about VX.

What I like about the cadchat site is that you can browse the forums without logging in. If you want to post, of course, you'll need to register.

There is a SolidWorks area there too, but it doesn't get nearly as much action as this group.

jk

Reply to
jk

This topic and the individuals with "issues" were discussed in a thread a few weeks ago, but I don't remember the subject line. Regardless, at least one person routinely posts messages talking about VX and another person ridicules them for it. Personally, I don't mind hearing about VX on occasion, but the situation was getting out of hand. Much of the bandwidth was being used for non-constructive postings that had little (if anything) to do with SolidWorks (or even CAD in general). As a result, using kill files to eliminate posts from the offenders was discussed and I assume many people implemented them accordingly. Unless this becomes a moderated group, its probably best to ignore any postings that seem irrelevant. Of course, a kill file is always an option.

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

John,

Your absolutely right - I made the mistake of replying in another post instead of just doing the right thing. I now have him kill-filed and sincerely apologize to all for adding clutter to the newsgroup. It's amazing how much more cleaner and friendlier a the newsgroup became when Outlook removed the posts. :)

Once again, sorry to add the clutter.

Scott

Reply to
SMacIntyre

so please show us what you've done. especially something that solidworks can not do.

Reply to
kb

thank f*** is friday

the weekends here in the UK just opened one of your finest from my fav place in the good old US of A the nappa valley (back there soon)

remember guy's its only a bunch of code

steve

kb wrote:

solidworks

Reply to
solid steve

Jon

The article was printed in MCAD in the UK which imo NEVER says anything bad about any CAD software. You'll find that they are always equally complimentary about SolidEdge, NX, WF2 - you name it. Basically, if I was speccing CAD software (which I do, as I am admin & user on my site) I wouldn't pay much attention to their reviews.

Reply to
wurz

Oh and just to add to the debate - It does wind me up that we get shafted on software prices, but i'll take more than one small vendor to change that imho ;-)

Wurz

Reply to
wurz

YES, WE HAVE TIRED OF VX!!!

Reply to
ms

I have an e-mail discussion list just for SolidWorks. It is a five year old list - I just moved it to GoogleGroups. You can read online or receive e-mail or both. No discussion of other products and no bashing of SW. Civil discussion.

Dan Bovinich

Reply to
Dan Bovinich

Ever use it Cliffy? Now who's being clueless?

Maybe with your infinite wisdom and experience, you could tell us what VX is missing, and in what area.

It's quite open, and has a book dedicated to API programming/functionality. Why not investigate before opening your mouth and looking like a leg humping retard?

Nope, you certainly didn't have any in this post.

Reply to
Steve Mackay

See, I didn't think you could answer the question. You're full of hot air cliffy.

No, I'm speaking from experience. I've got the books/manuals sitting on my shelf. I OWN the software dipshit.

Your unfounded and uneducated comments on the software in question have nothing to do with JB, except you'll do anything you can to run around stalking, and humping JB's leg. While I certainly don't agree with JB's methods, yours are far worse IMHO.

Reply to
Steve Mackay