Upgrading from 2001+ to 2005??????

My company just reactivated to subscription service on our SW seats. The problem I have is not knowing what to download to go from 2001+ to 2005 or do a fresh 2005 install. The download page only seams to go back to 2003 for update files.

Thanks for you thoughts

Reply to
The Pixleys

Do a fresh install because 2001+ used the traditional installation and now SW only uses the Windows installer. I had a customer do an upgrade from

2001+ and they screwed his system up good, because of the 2 different isntall types being used during the install.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

"The Pixleys" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

We moved from 2001+ to 2004 8 month ago with no special precautions. We miss the stability of 2001+ Sp 6

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

Did you get a CD from your VAR or is there somewhere in the SW site to download the fresh install filse???

Reply to
The Pixleys

"The Pixleys" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Yes, install from CD's.

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

CD's. BTW, when you get your CD's dump the contents of each CD into a single folder off the C drive. Something like C:\SW2005_Install. There is a setup file in each of the CD's so ignore the "files will be overwritten" message and press OK. Then load from the setup in your C:\SW2005_Install folder. No more CD switching after that.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

FYI - doing that will require that you can't remove the CD copy, because the SP upgrades will require it to be there when you isntall them.

So by doing that you waste HDD space, but if you have it spare that's up to you.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

Of course Scott is absolutely right, but form me HDD space is cheap, my time (swapping CD's) is expensive.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs