Drawing of "partially manufactured" part?

Me again.

I'm working on a part that will be manufactured in two steps:

1) a fairly complicated turned base shape 2) a complex cut-out.

In SW the part is made in the same two steps: a rotated base shape and a linear cut out. Unfortunately, after the cut is made, there's hardly anything left, and it is difficult to visualize the turned shape. So I'd like to make a supplementary drawing of only the turned shape.

The problem is that I can't suppress the linear cut in an individual drawing or view. Of course I can suppress it, print out the resulting drawing, and then go on to make the drawing of the final part.

Which is the way I did it (including striking out the bits by hand and replacing them with a real diameter symbol, see my other post), but this isn't really the SW way of doing things.

Thanks, robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

"Robert Latest" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

Then make a config that shows only the turned shape.

Reply to
Jean Marc

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:09:30 +0200, Jean Marc wrote in Msg.

Stupid me. Thanks again!

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest