DWGEditor and Ext.refs

Hi,

how can I open file with external references (file(s)) that are missing? Just getting errors..

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

IIRC, the .dwg format does not store any of the geometry from an external reference the way SW files do. In other words, I think you're going to have to have those other files.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I just re-read the original question. Are you saying the file won't open, or that it opens with errors and missing geometry?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Markku,

I am able to open drawings using the DWG Editor, where the XREF files are missing. Errors are displayed, but I would expect to be warned about the missing files.

What exactly are you seeing?

Is the entire drawing composed of XREF files?

CG

Reply to
CAD Guy

File is not opening, trying to open will cause DWGEditor to crash with this error message:"Error -- buffer overrun. This file may be an Acad R14 beta format file" and another one following that:"A shell command was not executed properly. Please confirm that all command line parameters are valid and try again(2)"

I'm just trying to open file by doubleclicking it, I'm not running command line or anything. And if I open the Editor first and use it's Open-command I'll get the first error message and then nothing (Editor is not crashing)

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

File is not opening, trying to open will cause DWGEditor to crash with this error message:"Error -- buffer overrun. This file may be an Acad R14 beta format file" and another one following that:"A shell command was not executed properly. Please confirm that all command line parameters are valid and try again(2)"

I'm just trying to open file by doubleclicking it, I'm not running command line or anything. And if I open the Editor first and use it's Open-command I'll get the first error message and then nothing (Editor is not crashing)

No, I can see that with Voloview, it tells me what are the missing references as well..

Markku

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Markku,

I had the same error with a AutoCAD Drawing with no bitmappreview in it. I have opened the drawing in AutoCAD and saved it with a bitmap preview and the drawing started up oke.

Regards,

Bert

Markku Lehtola schreef:

Reply to
BertM

Do you need someone to try opening it and saving in Acad?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

No, I can manage...thanks anyway.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

I thought the whole idea of DWGEditor was to get rid of the Acad...:-)

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

You are right, but there are some bugs in the DWGEditor( which I have submitted to my VAR) Try to open a DWGEditor DXF File into AutoCAD 2000, It will not work. So do not get rid of your (old)AutoCAD program. I use 2000 with DWGGateway to translate the new (2004/2005) DWG files. Maybe the DWGEditor is better in SW 2006 :-)

Bert

Reply to
BertM