Envelopes & API

Is it possible to get the square footage for a particular face of an envelope?

We are considering using envelopes to define different areas of our plant and using those envelopes for various reasons, mostly for selecting items inside or outside the envelope, but we also want to be able to calculate the square footage that a given envelope covers.

Thanks for any suggesstions,

Sam

Reply to
Sam

It depends on how you acquire the face. If the face is manually selected, it should be possible to acquire via Selection Manager object.

Do some experiments. Traverse the components and see how envelopes behave.

Reply to
That70sTick

Sam wrote in news:0ed9fe12-baa1-4c53-837f- snipped-for-privacy@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

Try Face2::GetArea