External References

I have a habit of creating parts using external references. Later on down the road, I may have to take that part and use it in another place. When this happens, I must redirect the external references to point to a different assembly. I do this under the references button prior to opening the part. However, I've found lately that this is not working for me. I suspect that it is because of a glitch in Solidworks.

My question is this. What other methods are there for redirect the external references of a part?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Zeis

Hi Tim after you create the part and it looks good. Many times you delete external references and "fix" parts of the sketch or even let them dimension themselves. Removing all external references. Or make a copy of the part then remove all the references from the copy. elliott

Reply to
elliott