External References

I have a habit of creating parts using external references. Later on
down the road, I may have to take that part and use it in another
place. When this happens, I must redirect the external references to
point to a different assembly. I do this under the references button
prior to opening the part. However, I've found lately that this is not
working for me. I suspect that it is because of a glitch in
Solidworks.
My question is this. What other methods are there for redirect the
external references of a part?
Tim
Reply to
Tim Zeis
Hi Tim after you create the part and it looks good. Many times you delete external references and "fix" parts of the sketch or even let them dimension themselves. Removing all external references. Or make a copy of the part then remove all the references from the copy. elliott
Reply to
elliott