folder in vaultdata

_temp folder in vaultdata for what?

Reply to
tgxplorer

We don't do Macintosh questions on this forum.

Reply to
TOP

sorry, I'm used pdmworks software and install pdmworks vault on my computer. in vault folder have some folder such as pdmrc, obsolate etc. i don't know about _temp folder in vaultdata.

Reply to
tgxplorer

The folder is in my vault directory too. I don't know what it does, seems to contain some old files. Likely a folder for the service to use for temporary storage. Brad

Reply to
Brad

Ahhh, thanks. Most people won't know where you are coming from without a little background.

temp is temp. When PDMWorks checks in a document, it renames it and stashes it in a folder with the documents name. I suspect this folder is used to temporarily hold the file till it can be moved.

One big warning. Don't change anything in the vault....ever. PDMWorks will get very confused. Don't change anything goes as far as don't even list the vault in your browser when the server is running.

Reply to
TOP

thank you :)

Reply to
tgxplorer

It is dangerous to change anything in the vault when the service is running, how ever there are some tasks that are much easier working within the folders. For example moving many files from on project to another can take hours through the normal client interface and just minutes from within Windows. Wrnings:

-make a complete copy of the vault data before you start.

-Involve your VAR, they can provide a good list of do's and don'ts.

-be sure the service is shut down with the flags set for a complete rebuild.

-if anything goes wrong, shut down the service and server. Reboot the server, restore the vault data and start again. Don't try to fix the vault if things don't work properly. The app.log or err.log files can help ID what went wrong.

Brad Harding

Reply to
Brad

As soon as you touch something in the vault the standard SW answer to a problem will be that you "screwed up the vault" and they won't or don't have to deal with it.

Reply to
TOP