SWX data to machined part?

Does anyone here use Alphacam to make cnc machined parts? I guess the question could be failrly generic and include other packages aside of Alphacam but my specific question is how do you get from the SWX data to a finished part?

We currently take the SWX data and use the dxf elemnets to define tool paths. This seems quite tedious to me and I'd like to see the SWX data just being taken in by the CAM software and doing almost all of the work.

What are your experiences? Maybe you can comment on what you do or what you know that your subcontractors do.

All input appreciated,

Flynt

Reply to
Flynt

If you are using dxf then you are making 2D parts? If that is so it is relatively easy to write a macro that will output the dxf file and remove the tedious factor.

Reply to
TOP

These are relatively complex, thin wall, heavily machined 3D components.

Reply to
Flynt

AlphaCam won't read IGES, STEP or parasolid?

Reply to
TOP