Fresnel lens design

I'd like to model a Fresnel lens, but having a hard time finding the spec's for the geometry. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Mike Tripoli

Reply to
Mike Tripoli

Do a Google Images search on Fresnel lens and you will find several sites that describe the lens theory and shape. I didn't go through all of them, but there might be enough info for you to get close.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Mike have a look at this site:

Look at the first of the web results.

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Also, have a look here:

Very intersesting. Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

you'll get better answers at sci.optics

Reply to
Michael

Mike Tripoli wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Once you get an equation for the cross section of the lens, I have a macro on my website that will create a spline from your equation.

go to the macro library link, it's a macro called eqspline

Reply to
matt

And yet another very interesting article. Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Hi, Thanks everyone for your input. I found the same references you did, but I guess I'm looking for the "easy" way out; I'd like to see something that says "DO THIS"... haven't found it yet...

MT

Reply to
Mike Tripoli