Geometryworks 3D for Solidworks

Hi everyone, I'm kind of new to this group, so I'll try to blend: I was wondering if anybody heard about the plug-in for solidworks called geometryworks 3D from

which promises to fulfil freeform needs for solidworks users. I downloaded the demo version but I cant mange to load it in solidworks due to conflicting license issues with moldflow express which comes built-in in solidworks 2005 -so I understood from the support at cad/cam components. so I was wondering if anybody heard of it or is using it.

Thanks, Gil Alsberg

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

Personally, I'm not fond of Geometryworks 3D. The "interface" is definitely quirky, although it does a few cool things, I would prefer something else. On the lower end is ShapeWorks from Barenboym, which is easier to use, and primarily gives you tug and pull function. On the higher end is SurfaceWorks, which rivals Rhino or even Alias, but has better interoperability with SW files.

The one thing that Geometryworks has that the others don't is the ability to revolve around a non-linear centerline

If that's important to you, then go for it. You might want to check out what sort of support you can get with it. Last I checked, it was pretty poor.

matt

snipped-for-privacy@zoopee.org (Gil Alsberg) wrote in news:c21ffe22.0411180615.ef24a50 @posting.google.com:

Reply to
matt

Matt, Thanks for the reference to the other freefom add-ins. I find it wierd that they don't appear in the gold partner cerified add-ins page at the solidworks site - thats the reason i never heard of them (each add-in's own site says it is a gold partner certified add-inn). i'll try to evaluate them.

cheers, Gil

Reply to
Gil Alsberg