Help for solidworks

I have a copy of solid works, I use at work Can someone give me a code, so I don't need a dongle please.
Reply to
Mark Clifford
I am worried about bring my dongle home from work. Anyone know where I can
get a code, to use it at home?
Reply to
Mark Clifford
As far as I am aware. You use the same original at home.
Regards Tony O'Hara
Reply to
Tony
I know, I Know...after reading your first post. you want to use SWX at home without the Dongle. Please ignore my previous post
Reply to
Tony
AFAIK the only way to do this is to take the dongle home. Don't loose it, whatever you do, as you'll be charged pretty-much the full cost of the license to replace it (as we found out when our office PCs were stolen one night).
I work from home a day or two per week, and have to carry the dongle (and data disk) with me. I keep the car doors locked when I'm driving through orrible areas, and never leave the dongle in my case or attached to the back of the PC when I leave the house, just in case I get burgled...
This does need to be addressed.
Oh yes, get some connector savers (Farnell 467-637 eg) as well, so you don't knacker the dongle...
Chris
Reply to
Chris
Im assuming the dongle is for Non-US applications? Ive had the ability to use the License before (we use serials only here) and posting the license to a (static) IP addy would be a terrific work-around, if allowed by non-US installs (havent tried with SW04 licenses, tho)
Reply to
rocheey
I assume you have a dongle because you have a network license? If so contact your VAR as there is a home use license agreement form you can fill out & SW will issue a standalone commercial license serial number just strictly for you home use. Have your VAR send you this form & fax it in to SOlidworks
Reply to
RENDERMAN
I assume you have a dongle because you have a network license? If so contact your VAR as there is a home use license agreement form you can fill out & SW will issue a standalone commercial license serial number just strictly for you home use. Have your VAR send you this form & fax it in to SOlidworks
Reply to
RENDERMAN
I'm in the UK and this certainly appears to be an issue for those on stand-alone installations. Don't know how those on FlexLM (or whatever is used) fare...
Chris
Reply to
Chris
I have to agree this does suck!
Its not as if you are breaking the law by wanting to work at home!
Luckily we hae a spare seat of SW which means there is a surplus license and dongle.
I seem to remeber a couple of years ago, SolidEdge had some sort of deal , where you were able to run a license of the software at home, cannot remeber the details.
graeme
Reply to
Rob