Help for solidworks

I am worried about bring my dongle home from work. Anyone know where I can get a code, to use it at home?

I have a copy of solid works, I use at work Can someone give me a code, so I don't need a dongle please.
I assume you have a dongle because you have a network license? If so contact your VAR as there is a home use license agreement form you can fill out & SW will issue a standalone commercial license serial number just strictly for you home use. Have your VAR send you this form & fax it in to SOlidworks -- it may take a few days but you will get a serial number. At that point you will register vie eregistration to get the reg code. Good luck.
Thanks, Steve Tietz
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">I have a copy of solid works, I use at work Can someone give me a code, so I<BR>don't need a dongle please.<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
As far as I am aware. You use the same original at home.
Regards Tony O'Hara

I know, I Know...after reading your first post. you want to use SWX at home without the Dongle. Please ignore my previous post

can

AFAIK the only way to do this is to take the dongle home. Don't loose it, whatever you do, as you'll be charged pretty-much the full cost of the license to replace it (as we found out when our office PCs were stolen one night).
I work from home a day or two per week, and have to carry the dongle (and data disk) with me. I keep the car doors locked when I'm driving through orrible areas, and never leave the dongle in my case or attached to the back of the PC when I leave the house, just in case I get burgled...
This does need to be addressed.
Oh yes, get some connector savers (Farnell 467-637 eg) as well, so you don't knacker the dongle...
Chris

Im assuming the dongle is for Non-US applications? Ive had the ability to use the License before (we use serials only here) and posting the license to a (static) IP addy would be a terrific work-around, if allowed by non-US installs (havent tried with SW04 licenses, tho)
I'm in the UK and this certainly appears to be an issue for those on stand-alone installations. Don't know how those on FlexLM (or whatever is used) fare...
Chris

I have to agree this does suck!
Its not as if you are breaking the law by wanting to work at home!
Luckily we hae a spare seat of SW which means there is a surplus license and dongle.
I seem to remeber a couple of years ago, SolidEdge had some sort of deal , where you were able to run a license of the software at home, cannot remeber the details.
graeme

I assume you have a dongle because you have a network license? If so contact your VAR as there is a home use license agreement form you can fill out & SW will issue a standalone commercial license serial number just strictly for you home use. Have your VAR send you this form & fax it in to SOlidworks -- it may take a few days but you will get a serial number. At that point you will register vie eregistration to get the reg code. Good luck.
Thanks, Steve Tietz
am worried about bring my dongle home from work. Anyone know where I can<BR>get a code, to use it at home?<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=