Getting Un-Saved ASsembly Doc Name (VBA)

Created a macro that inserts a bunch of components into an assembly doc.

Have 2 choices - Insert into New document Insert into Existing document

In order to do this, the name of the assembly document is necessary. No problem with the existing assembly doc.(ModelDoc2.GetPathName). Can't use this to get the name of the unsaved assembly doc, and I don't want to have to save it before the components are inserted. Seem to remember getting the Window name before, but can't remember how and can't find any hints in API help.

Someone give me a pointer please? Thanks in advance

Reply to
What-a-Tool

If the file is not saved yet, you can use ModelDoc2::GetTitle.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Files don't really have file names until they are saved, because they are not files until then :)

"ModelDoc2::GetTitle" might be what you are looking for.

Reply to
That70sTick

ModelDoc2::GetTitle is just what I needed - Thanks for the replies

Reply to
What-a-Tool