Globe

I had the same question, but was beaten to it!

So stolen from Solidworks community and posted here :-)))))

Can you emulate a globe in SolidWorks? Using a *.jpg "decal" of a world map, how do you wrap it and get the edges to match at the poles? And if possible, how do you do this so it is viewable in an e-drawing?

--Jeff Gray, Designer, TGM Incorporated, Richardson, TX, USA

Reply to
pete

I believe you would have to use Photo Works and use the width height of the map to match your circumpherence for width and half of the circumference for height but I haven't tried it so feel free to let me know if it is right. I don't think you would be able to put this out to Edrawing but you could animate it using Animator in conjunction with PhotoWorks to create an AVI.

Corey

Reply to
CS

I tried that and ended up with two decals on the globe, one on either side?? But thanks for trying to help, I will keep trying. :-)

Reply to
pete