Same config as component<1>?

i thought about this a while back. need an enhancement that functions like the "replace component" tool. whereas an "option" is available to replace "selected component(s)" or "all instances".

please submit.

cheers, kb

Reply to
kb

Ok maybe I am overlooking the obvious, but does any one have an Idea (excluding design table) for keeping Component and Component of the same Component on the same configuration. For instance I have a door with 2 hinges. The Hinge component has a few configs say Opened Config and Closed Config. If hinge is changed to Closed Config I need hinge to also change to Closed Config. I suppose that patterning would work but I try to avoid paterning, and if you have 2 doors that you want to both follow the same thing it wouldn't work.

Corey

Reply to
CS

I was thinking they could add a new option to the current config property Currently they have In Use or last saved config and Use Named Configuration

maybe if they add the option to

Keep equal to component, and a list of the othe instances of this component.

This way if you change any of the linked instances you will change the others but you can leave out some too, it would then be a residual association between the components so that other users would know the intent.

Corey

Reply to
CS

I guess it is just a mindset. I don't know if I really have a good reason for it. I would attribute it to using a Back Hoe to dig a hole for a new sprinkler head. It can be done but it seems to be alot of work for something that should be simple. (though my colleague feels the same way about some of the macro's I write) to each his own.

Corey

Reply to
CS