Maybe a dumb question but ...

im replacing a compressor on my fridge and the high pressure line is steel ,
and the fitting on the compressor is copper and im confused as to what metal
rod to use to braze these two together .. i tried silfos but it wont wet the
steel ... ive never had a situation where i had to braze copper to steel
before and am confused as to what i need to use to join them .... any help
is greatly appreciated ....
thanks , , bob
Reply to
bloggybob
Silfloss should work fine on the steel but you will need flux for the steel.
Reply to
Glenn
ty glenn ... i went and got some white flux at the welding supply per your post and all is well and she is running great as we speak ... last i looked it was running about 10 below in the freezer ... i assume this is an ok temperature ... once again thanks !
bob
Reply to
bloggybob
Are you using a TIG machine or OA? I'm wondering because Ernie had mentioned that one doesn't need flux to braze using a TIG machine...
Peter
Reply to
Peter Grey
I used oxy acetalyne .... worked great ! thanks for replying
Reply to
bloggybob