going over to the dark side

took a new job; a week of vacation and then I start using Inventor....

Probably won't be around the newsgroup much for a while, but I've found it to be a great resource...thanks to all of you for the help, and for the periodic impassioned/amusing debate.

Happy Trails

Reply to
Michael

Pop in to the newsgroup and let us know how you are getting on with Inventor. I and others appreciate "intelligent" comments comparing features and benefits of various CAD packages.

John Layne

John Layne

I would be interested in hearing how your learning curve goes. Maybe a weekly update for us? I have a sheet metal shop friend that is considering putting in a seat of Inventor because a customer of his is feeding him Inventor sheet metal parts that are almost ready, but not quite. And they don't really trust this customer enough to produce flat patterns they can trust straight up. So, one seat to manipulate those parts might prove to be a good investment. So far this customer has fed him about 95 parts like that.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Michael - Congratulations on your new job!

Getting to know inventor will only bolster your value. Good news.

I'm sure it will all work out - it's a fine product too.

Take care - SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

Wayne,

Solidworks will unfold non native sheetmetal, provided it's a uniform thickness and has exact offset inner and outer bend radii. At least it used to.

Mark

considering

Reply to
MM

True, but where the native person didn't put in the proper radius, the geometry needs to be modified. Importing a part and converting to sheet metal still doesn't allow the geometry radius to be changed. Bummer.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany