helix spiral?

I have been asked to draw a spiral stair constructed of 5mm plts and a 200mm high stringer, I have drawn 1 step and made an assm of it comprising of 6 steps but I need help with how to draw the stringer so that it can be flattened for dxf to laser profiler. I have been playing with the helix to try to somehow extrude a line around but not to any success

any help would be appreciated, thanks

Jules

Reply to
Julian

I have a sample of a spiral staircase on my website. I think a few people did some similar thing a couple of years back when there was a similar discussion on this ng.

Go to the SW Parts link on the left and scroll down.

Reply to
matt

"Julian" wrote in news:461f8a9c$0$10737$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk:

I can think of two possibilities using sheet metal features for flattening the stringer. The first is to use a lofted bend. The other option would be to use a bend with a radius to match the stringer, then trim the profile to suit. Sheet metal experts can chime in if more detail is needed. I don't use either of those on a regular basis.

HTH

Reply to
Dale Dunn