Help designing a ring ...

I know, only an Engineer would do that :-)

I am designing a ring for my self.

Very simply, a simple rotated sector to make the band. But I would like to cut a meander around the ring and fill it with another metal. How do I go about that ?

Thanks in advance George

Reply to
Gio

Hi George

try my example

project a curve on a surface and sweep any profile along this path then make a circular pattern and you have your material to fill. To cut the material from the ring use the cavityfeature

Gio schrieb:

Reply to
Steffen-t

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

WOW spot on ...

Thanks guys, talk about tapping into ones infinite wisdome. This group as one has anamazing depth.

Gio

not strictly true, most of us are shallow as a duck pond, it's just that the few deep ones are infinitely deep........

Reply to
Andrew Troup