Help getting a SPR will be appreciated

I have quite a few parts created in previous releases of SW ( currently using 2006 sp1 ) that contain circular patterns. Specifically models of perforated tubing where 2 holes are cut-extruded, linear patterned, then circular patterned. It took a bit of extra rebuild time, but was well worth it for accuracy in production drawings.

After using 2006 for a couple weeks, I committed to changing and removed previous versions. When opening one of the perforated tubing parts to reprint a drawing, I thought SW was hung up ( 15 min+ rebuilding the circular pattern feature ), so I checked the other similar parts, same issue. Parts that SW had flagged as requiring a rebuild would not ever actually open. Parts not requiring the rebuild would open/print/ect and convert easily until I CTL-Qed them. On a hunch, I opened one of the offending parts before leaving for the evening, in the morning it had actually rebuilt.

Feature Statistics:

091-2020 9/26/2005 11:22:07 AM Features 15, Solids 1, Surfaces 0 Total rebuild time in seconds: 3242.36 Time % Time(s) Feature Order 99.96 3240.99 CirPattern1
Reply to
Brian

Wow. Well documented info, you have a lot of patience.

Your VAR should give you an SPR for this. Have you asked them directly?

If your VAR doesn't give you satisfaction, you can take the issue directly to SW. This should be the exception. To me, it sounds like your situation warrants it. I would copy your reseller on the email to SW support just so they know you're taking this over their head. In the email to SW support explain that your reseller didn't follow through.

I won't publicly post the SW support contact info, I'm sure you can come up with a phone number and email if you look a little. I don't want to cause an avalanche of end users going straight to SW corp.

Another thing to realize is that sometimes the guy answering the questions at your reseller is a junior employee, not someone who makes policy. It may be easier to escalate the issue within the reseller organization, just going over the tech guy's head.

What kinds of cuts did you use? Were they "through all", "up to next", "up to surface" "blind" or what? If you did an "up to ..." and then patterned it, it might be faster if you just used blind with a distance that works for everything.

Anyway,

Good luck,

Matt

Reply to