Hey Ed, where is 301??!?!

I feel like I am in the Sahara with no water in sight. I was hoping to see the 301 presentation from world up on the site. I think we all definately benfit from your presentations.

Thanks a mil

Reply to
Arthur

Thanks for posting the first two....while looking at Trees of Blood 'tablet' : ) I see on slide 5 that there may have been some info on the feature ladder, surfaces, file search issues. Was there any info about that presented or am I just not looking hard enough? neil

Reply to
neil

Nope, I did not end up preparing anything for those topics. Again, my ambition has not met up with my availability. By the way, I didn't even know the powerpoints were up on our site! Since that version, I made some changes and annotated the models a little better but have not gotten around to submitting the revised stuff to the guy who handles our web site.

Comment on presentation:

1st, thanks to all who provided feedback. I think what I need to do is break Trees of blood into two one-hour sessions Session1: Parts, features, special topics Session 2: Top down modeling, file management issues, mate errors

1.5 hours was just not enough, but I can't figure out any one or two sections that could be readily cut.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

oops..sorry...I didn't realise it wasn't ready I just thought you weren't making a big noise about it to avoid having your server bog down.

the content was very good but it did come across as being a bit crammed/hurried even in the ppt - splitting up into 2 sessions sounds like a good idea. I appreciate you have put a lot of work into producing what you have though and I am grateful to be able to access it from 10000km away! thanks again.

Reply to
neil

The revised one is up on our site. Please try to download it after 5:00 PM U.S. central time. The zip file has the same name on it , but it is, in fact, a revision(sorry, but it is faster than changing the name, which requires our web construction guy) I spent about four hours over the weekend expanding on the powerpoint notes and adding coments into the parts. I did not, however, do much better on spelling.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

thanks Ed!...you are very generous - please don't use up your weekends getting it to us though....

Reply to
neil

Ed if I could have a Marchign band with cheerleaders sent to your house....Thanks a mil

Reply to
Arthur

Hay ED This is a little of the topic, but I was looking at the Chevy truc you designed in Solidworks, what?s a person got to do to get glimpse of that model

Reply to
ROOKIE

The first step would be finding it - I haven't looked at it for a couple of years. I had originally started the model with the intent of sharing it, but I got bogged down and didn't have a chance to clean up the model - if I share it, I want it to be clean, understandably, with most features named (and in

2005, with comments on them) I might try to dig it up and dust it off in the next half-year because it would be a good piece for next years Curvy Stuff - it had shell issues, there are conrers that look like they could really be helped by the new lofting that we saw at SWx World in the 2006 preview, and the ribbing and bossing situation would be pretty tough (which makes it useful - I hate seeing easy samples that don't teach me anything).
Reply to
Edward T Eaton

I was at the 2004 and 2005 convention and saw your presentations. think you provide all solidworks user a good understanding of how th software should be used and with good modeling technique. I?m sur you?re probably tired of herring it, but a lot of people would charg a fee for the information you provide. I enjoy reading your materia and was curious is to how you went about creating the truck Hopefully you?ll get around to dusting it off and presenting it fo the 2006 convention

Reply to
ROOKIE