Silkscreen Overlays - DXF and multiple entities

Hello,

Presently,

  1. I have a external program.
  2. It calls SW application to open.
  3. It creates a flat panel in SW based on the external program.
  4. It then creates the silkscreen image by importing the x,y co-ordinates onto the panel's face.
  5. Watch 1000's of line entities being created in a SW sketch.
  6. Extruded image is HUGE!

What I would like to do

A) I would like the silksscreened image to be represented by a series of P-lines (Whoa! Haven't had to use that terms since '97). Can I use the DWG EDITOR built-into SW to a) create the series of lines and arcs. b) Simplify the line representation by turning them into P-lines. c) Importing the simplified representation into a SW sketch. d) Extrud.

B) Is the SW API available to perform this sequence of steps?

Note - I've followed the thread with respect to SW2006 decals - this wouldn't work for this specific case.

Len

Reply to
Len K. Mar