DXF import

Why can i not import a DXF file exported from Coreldraw 11 as a 2002 Autocad DXF

Solidworks will only accept a DXF file exported as Autocad R11

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I suspect a Coreldraw export problem. I import dxf's saved as AutoCad

2000 format all the time without problem.

Dave H

Alex wrote:

Reply to
Dave H

Drag the DXF file into notepad look at the first few lines; if they have the following values

0 SECTION 2 ENTITIES

then the dxf contains only bare-bones geometry, not everything that may be needed to (re)create a drawing.

Reply to
rocheey