Moving sketch entities complete

Here is a tip from someone that offered an answer to Solid Digital Digest. The question asked was about how to move sketch entities to a particular location. The 2D to 3D tool bar does a good job of letting you pick a point and then putting that point at the origin. But this tip offers something else.

"Another method is to edit the sketch, window select all the sketch entities to move, hold down the control key and drag a vertex - and while dragging, release the control key. Drop the vertex on the origin of another vertex in the model."

It doesn't even have to be a vertex you go to, it can also be a midpoint, etc. Good one to know - thanks to whomever.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

This one had no responses - am I the only one that hadn't seen this one?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne, It's a moot point with 2004. There are new tools for moving, copying, and rotating sketch entities.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

I use this technique all the time except I use it to manipulate splines or other sketch entities. It temporarily disables 'inferencing' so that nothing tries to snap to anything else, allowing smooth freehand draging.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Yep, I spoke too soon. I like the "window select CTRL drag let go" method that Wayne describes (uh..now that I've actually used it).

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

I forget who first discovered this some years ago, but, for my money, it's still one of the best workarounds around.

If you aren't using it, you should be!

Reply to
Andrew Troup