history of CSG and BREP???

can anyone give me or point to a site about histroy of CSG and BREP concepts..?? i.e who invented the techniques what was the techniques used before
them?? i searched a lot but nowhere i found the history about them... (i personally feel that the things will be very much simpler to understand if one starts from their history???
regards, yogesh

Do a search for for Bezier
Tim, ?? Those are surfaces & curves ... not solids (CSG or BREP) AFAIK ..... Duct and ComputerVision's ASD package both used Bezier geometry as I recall it but ....
A search at http://www.mel.nist.gov/ might be a little productive in some respects. BREP and CSG both got well over 200 hits.
I also noted that Mike Pratt is nolonger on the staff (or so it seems). Perhaps NIST's servers are having problems or he retired ....
In any case his book, "Computational Geometry for Design and Manufacture" might be a starting place though I don't recall it being much on solids.
How much (computational) mathematics and computer science Yogesh has is unknown.
--
Cliff

in a previous post (thread was "which is the solid modeling kernel based on csg") I wrote:

this
kernels. hope this helps.
--
Philippe Guglielmetti - www.dynabits.com