honeymoon is over!

I really was starting to like (maybe tolerate is a better word) SW2008 until today. The main thing I hated with 2007 has rear it's ugly head again. I'm speaking of the random toggling of the "Dynamic highlight from graphics view". Any word on what is causing this?

Another issue which might be the 3Dconnexion software is my custom button going away. We have the SpaceNavigators here. I leave the left button programmed with the default 'fit' and custom the other button to be 'S' to bring up that handy little menu. Just when I'm starting to get a handle on the interface my custom button goes away.

Oh well, I guess I can wait for SW2009 to fix...

Excuse my rare ranting.. Wormsign

Reply to
WormSign

Last time I saw that was when I opened file formats like IGES, STL, Rhinoceros...Don't know if that's the only reason, but in my case it did the "ugly trick"

Markku

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Yep, importing data is the most common reasons why the highlight selection mode changes. It's been doing this since as long as I can remember... I've reported it, it's documented and it still is a problem. Also, crashing will cause the settings to change. And, if you are using different versions, still,.. when you make changes to the interface... some of the settings on other version will change.

... SW Corp,... where user request, consistency and quality control are,... service pack wet dreams.

Reply to
zxys

WormSign

Hey where did you find the 's' key to 3dconnexion button setting I can not find it?

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Hi there,

I always have my solidworks reg key (SW2005, SW2007, SW 2008) exported to the desktop. As soon as I experienc such strange behavior I reset the refering reg key. Sometimes I need to reset all three ;-)

regards

Jojo

"progress is the steady strggle to improve things, trying hard to make them as good as they had been in those ol´days" my grandpa said

"zxys" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@j20g2000hsi.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
JOJO