how do i create label on 45deg circular chamfer?

I have a circular part, with a, OD at 5.515OD and an ID diameter of

4.550 with an ID 45deg circular chamfer of .440. I need to create the sticker that would go on this circular chamfer, the sticker will be 90 deg around the chamfer.

How do I create the proper geometery for this?

I can create the label on the surface with extrude and converting the OD and ID, then trimmiing away 3/4 of the diameters, the Extrude and uncheck merge result, no problem, i have a sticker on the circular chamfer surface.

Now I need to convert the resulting surface to a linear sketch, so it can be printed on paper, then cut out and glued to the surface of the part.

How do I do this??

samurai.

Reply to
samurai

It sounds like you made your label and your circular parts as one multi-body part. This probably isn't a good idea. Make your label as a separate part. Then you can "add bend" to your label part to turn it into a sheet metal part that you can then show as a flat pattern. When you add the bend, pick one of the radial edges for the fixed surface or edge.

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems "take the garbage out, dear" .

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

How do I do this?? I created the label using a seperate part and using the surface of the chamfer, so now I have my label as a seperate part, finished as it would be applied to the surface. Should it be flat instead? If so, how do i know how long to make it, or the size of the square?

I've never used sheet metal, could you step me through this??

SW2006

Reply to
samurai

Thanks, I figured it out using the sample files for unwrapping a cone using sheet metal feature.

samurai.

Reply to
samurai

Great! I was pretty terse in my reply, but work is a bit hectic right now.

Jerry Steiger