How to combine two splines into one?

Hi,

I am trying to get two splines that meet in both ends to become one spline. Is this possible?

Best regards Pål Eilertsen

Reply to
P?l

snipped-for-privacy@stud.ntnu.no (P?l) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

use a "fit spline"

matt

Reply to
matt

In 2004 SP4, yes. In older versions... not sure.

*) Make sure the the two ends that meet are tangent to each other with a relation

*) Select the point where they meet with your select tool

*) Press your 'Delete' key on your keyboard

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

You know, I think I misread your post. If your splines were joined at one end, then it works. You want a 'closed' single spline. Yeah, Matt's idea is the way to go.

Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Hi,

Thanks for good ideas. What I have done is to make the end points tangent and then use fit spline. This makes the splines into one but if I try to adjust the points the result isn't what I expect. Especially around the connecting points. I am using SW2003 SP3.

Pål

Reply to
P?l

snipped-for-privacy@stud.ntnu.no (P?l) wrote in news:2057ee25.0407082326.57690be8 @posting.google.com:

I think it was in 2004 that we got the ability to make constrained fit splines. Why aren't you using a new version?

Plus, I don't think Mike's deleting the endpoint idea works in 2003 or even in 2004...

In 2003 and prior, getting splines to follow other control geometry was kind of a hassle.

good luck,

matt

Reply to
matt

Yeah, it doesn't work if you are trying to close the spline like a circle. It does work (at least in SP4) when you want to turn two splines into one, and the other ends are not connected.

Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Definitely doesn't work in 2003.