Identifying Circular References

I recalled a topic a few years ago regarding identifying circular references.

In that discussion CadML was mentioned as a tool to help identify reference structure, But the links to that don't seem to have anything to do with this anymore. Anyone know where to get this software anymore.

Corey

Reply to
CS

I was just at SolidWorks World last week, and I stopped by a booth that was launching a new product called SolidMap. The demo at the booth showed a window running inside of SolidWorks that displays relationships inside of SWX models. They are offering a free 30 day trial at their website

I downloaded it when I got home and I played with it a little.

It seems really intuitive and shows file references, assembly mate relationships, and dependencies between features. As I said, I have just played with it a little so far, but it looks like it will pinpoint circular references pretty easliy.

Dave

Reply to
3dDaveinPA

Might be pretty cool, but it's also pretty pricey. =========================================================================== Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea

I tried it it can do references per-model but not at all levels of the assembly in one circular-reference-finding window. I spoke with one of their tech guys and he said they will look at putting that into the software. It really isn't all that expensive. They were practically giving it away at SWW for 150 I think their retail was around 800-

1000 which isn't too bad if you can really use it. The graphical mate display quickly made it apparent where assembly performance can be gained.
Reply to
CS