Its quiet in here!!

Looks like SW came up with the goods at last!!

Reply to
Phil Evans

SOME goods . . . yes, apparently.

Reply to
Sporkman

Quiet is a good thing considering the uproar with SP 2.0. I've been watching just to know whether it was worth the download.

Keith Streich

Reply to
Keith Streich

Just to save Paul Salvador some time (he's usually front and center with regression issues) - I have had a couple of regressions with Service pack 2.1, but they are on a very complicated model.

Specifically, a surface untrim failed (the fix is to change the definition to 'connect endpoints'), a 'delete and repair face' failed (but I was able to fix that by switching the selection form the original face to one of its neighbors - I was just using it to clean up the residue from a split line), one fillet lost an edge reference (the edge was not related to either of the previous issues), and another fillet that worked like a champ no longer works. When the model is fixed in SP2, the file shows errors when opened in SP1.

The failing model and the repaired one have been submitted to SWx. Yeah, it sucks that things went south, but (except for that one fillet) the fixes were pretty much yawners. I just thought knowing this might help some folks evaluate their position on upgrading - I might advocate holding back if you are into any of the above features (except the champ fillet, obviously - that filelt was atypical, and to be honest I was a little suprised it worked in SP1).

On the plus side - no spontaneous suppressions!

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Yep!! I'd rather not sound like a broken record or be a voice of negativism right now and it's more about my issues with surfaces. And, I have not had a lot of time testing it.. yet. But if I fly of with @%@!...as some of you will say, "you're not being constructive". (yes, dear.. and I respect that.)

Well, for me, and I think for most, it's a grin a bear it situation.

IMHO, 2004 sp2.1 is fairly stable and it does have some nice and more consistent interface features (much appreciated!).

..

Edward T Eat>

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Tired from all the yelling and screaming this past couple of weeks. Taking a break

Kman

Reply to
Kman

Amen Bro

It seems like 2.1 could be the next 2001+, at least in the good ways :)

..whispering, sore throat :)

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks