JB Ejected from Solidworks Demo

Here's a gem I just herd from anonymous byt reliable sources:

JB was attending a SolidWorks 2008 preliminary overview session held by a SoCal reseller last week with a bunch of other poeple. He asked a few questions, and then started arguing with the prsenter, with his usual "why do you refuse....." bullshit. Completely out of bounds.

Somebody recognized him, although his name tag read "Clinton Upyers" and he was immediately asked to leave by one of the suits. He put up a fight, you know, like the way girls fight. Sombody got a bloody lip, then Jon fell down the stairs. The police were called to escort him off of the premisis. He was yelling stuff about Spaceclam and VX and Inventer.

The funniest part was that they said when the cops were escorting him across the partking lot, they searched him, and he had 4 slices of pizza stashed in his briefcase full of marketing materials. O the joy of the unemployed. Times must be rough ol, Jonny boy!

I hear he is going to be charged with trespassing and assult, and has a restraining order against him to stay away from the reseller building or employees. What a hoot!

Anyone who was there want to comment?

Jusyt can't make it work. Always theater around this one.

Daisy.

Reply to
FlowerPot

LMAO

Reply to
J Carroll

Is this REALLY for real??? Sounds like the makings for a national Soap Opera.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

HA! There's no way this can be real, can it??

Reply to
Joe788

It absolutely can. jb was already assaulted at Westec, in a very similar scenario. Sans the pizza-in-the-briefcase. Others can provide more details. wow....

OK, do I get my Stars, now?? WHO, here, predicted "meltdown"? Huh?? Who???

Court records are generally public, and a restraining order would likely show up, iffin anyone feels sleuthy.

A moral to the story: You can be a flat-out raving NUT, but iffin you just *carry a briefcase*, you can get in pretty much anywhere--pizza and all. :)

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

I nominate this to be the *POST OF THE DAY!* Michael

Reply to
Michael

Did they let Haywood stay at the Demo, and just throw out Jon?

Question: How many guys does it take to throw JB down a stairway? Answer: None. He tripped.

Reply to
Half-nutz

Yeah, this is totally funny. My buddy Rick Harmon confirmed hearing about this the next day from the reseller rep, with pretty much the same story. Jon's confused about this "cadcam" thing. Solidwork is a CAD program, nothing to do with cam really at all. I think it turned out theat the Solidperfesser guys were there too because their in that SD area, and when he found out who they were, JB was accusing the,m of playing nice by not warning users about bugs in "cadcam", and not having advanced hands on tutorials. He kept repeating the word "cadcam" like a freaking maniac, according to my friend.

I pissed myself when I got the original email about it. I think this is a preview of the smackdown at Solidworkws World wherever that will be this year. JB takes on Johnny Mac. Can't wait.

Daisy.

Reply to
FlowerPot

Jon has TRUELY outdone himself this time. I'm still waiting for him to tell me how he chains geometry in Mastercam and how he sets up work offsets on a Horizontal... I guess I'll have to wait for him to get out of observation....

Reply to
PBMW

too unbeleivable to be true. I would need to see a link to the restraining order to believe it. The details just outweight anything Iv'e heard on the comedy channel.

Reply to
vinny

Good for you Jon, excuse me - I mean "Vinny".

Reply to
J Carroll

Sometimes life can be stranger than fiction.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

If true I doubt they jailed Jon unless he has a warrant out on him. For that type of incident normally they would just remove a person from the premises and give them a written or verbal warning not to return.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Jon, My security clearance is so high you couldn't even pronounce it. You meet every criteria our President has set for enemy combatants.

Reply to
J Carroll

You wouldn't want it otherwise Tom.

Reply to
J Carroll

Huuuh? I'm vinny, and your a salesman? see, now thats funny.

Reply to
vinny

You haven't found anything Jon, especially not your sanity, and when the local FADAL guys learn that Bill is using you you'll be living in Balboa Park.

Reply to
J Carroll

Jim! Glad to see you made it over to the wild west. There are a handful of people here who post some pretty good stuff.

Reply to
Joe788

The details push it a little too far, but I believe 100% that JB was there, made an idiot of himself by ranting buzzwords, and then got thrown out.

Reply to
Joe788

Like the fungus growing in Jon's head, these stories take on a life of their own. I attribute it to Jon's popularity.

Reply to
J Carroll