Keeping the Mates Property Manager Pane (and others) Open!

Usually when I am viewing, editing, deleting, and suppressing or unsuppressing mates, it is highly desirable to have the Property Manager pane remain OPEN. Currently it closes after each and every operation, unless multiple mates are pre-selected.

Pre-selection is NOT the answer, since it is often unclear as to which mates should be picked in a batch mode. Often one change has the effect of altering the status of other mates in ways not necessarily anticipated by the user who could be hard pressed to make the proper pre-selections.

Having the Mates PM stay opened would echo the behavior of "pinning" the View Orientation dialog box in place, for example.

It is very frustrating to be forced to repeatedly cursor select a component and then the RMB "view mates" option in order to invoke the PM over and over again.

I think the user should be able to (optionally) "pin" any of the Property Manager panes in place to retain direct, quick access and visibility.

Per O. Hoel

Reply to
Per O. Hoel

Are you on 2004? If so, you can access the mates directly in the part in the FeatureManager tree right under the part name. If on 2003, I would usually use my hotkey of Ctrl-D to set the FeatureManager tree to view dependencies. Then when finished with that mode, Ctrl-F takes it back to features.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Try setting the second pane of the FeatureManager to properties and then instead of RMB Veiw Mates just select the part you want to see the mates of. Most of the time it puts them up in the other pane. I recall it being more stable that using View Mates.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich