LCD monitors

Need to get a costing on 3 new workstations for a new contract. What are the
groups recommendations for 19/20 inch minimum LCD monitors and graphics
cards please.
Reply to
Phil Evans
possibly a wide screen format suits the SW window and has a coolness factor with employees....Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW say with an Nvidia 1400? ...
Reply to
neil
We just purchased new Dell workstations with Dual 24" Widescreen monitors (1920x1200). They have amazing contrast and brightness (we all turned ours down from the default 50% bright to 40) After using a workstation this fast and monitors this nice I will never be able to use anything else....spoiled rotten at this point.
You can talk them down to US$899 per monitor if you purchase at least 4.
We received the Nvidia 3450 video cards in all our systems with very nice results.
And as 64bit SolidWorks is available now in Beta 1 we are having some serious fun testing the performance increases!!!
Cadguru
Reply to
cadguru
"cadguru" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...
Keep us informed, please.
JM
Reply to
Jean Marc
I using a Dell 2405fpw 24" wide screen & Nvidia fx3450 (1920 x 1200) this format works well with SW you still get a real paper shape window with the FM open.
steve
Reply to
solid steve
I bought recently a 19" LG L1950H (12 ms response time, 1280*1024 resolution) and it works great. I use it with a NVIDIA quadro FX 700 card, which suits me well for my part modeling in Solidworks and Rhino (I rarely need to do assemblies).
cheers, Gil Alsberg
Reply to
Gil Alsberg
I've got a Samsung 204T (20") that's about 2 weeks old--very happy with it; paid ~$575 from Amazon.
Reply to
Michael
Have the same Monitor!
My favorite monitor ever!!!!
Great for SWx, and with the 12ms time, works very well with DVD's & games (umm- not that I, uh - advocate that, um - during working hours, errrr,) :)
Scott
Reply to
IYM
Googling for the model I only come up with links to UK, Australian and a few European sites. Doesn't seem that model is even available in the US . . . yet. In fact to date, I can only find about three LG monitor models that are available at all in the US. One of them is the one that rotates the image automatically as you rotate or tilt the monitor.
'Spork'
Reply to
Sporkman
i'd recommend The Dell 2405FPW's for sure. I've got 2 of them (most recent purchase), ViewSonic 20" which has greater quality image but far greater price and less size so i'd go the Dell above them. And also Samsung's 19" 191T (old but great) so any of the newer ones would be ok. Especially there new 244T (i think thats the model number) which is the same panel used in the 2405FPW accept Samsung keep the better panels for the 244T's). But its price is far greater then the 2405FPW.
Reply to
HoffY
Spork -
Have the LG 19" on my desk at home, so I'll post back with the model number when I get home... I actually bought it at "Best Buy" right after Christmas last year....
Scott
Reply to
IYM
I'm from Israel, so I don't really know about the US market of LCDs in general or LG LCDs in particular. it is a known fact that popular brands sell different models in different countries/regions, as a general marketing policy. but I'm sure there is a sort of parallel model with similar specifications (except the mains power input requirement - naturally) which is sold in the US.
Reply to
Gil Alsberg
at our company Scam enterprises LTD, it is a common practice to let me, Dilbert and Ashuk do the hard labor, while Dogbert, Catbert and our Manager spent most of their working time playing arcade games :-)
Reply to
Gil Alsberg