Looking for good 3D CAD models of standard hardware

Does anyone know a web site that provides good presentation quality 3D CAD models of standard hardware. Specifically I am looking for several types of bolts, screws, etc... (Unbrako) and hydraulic SAE fittings (Parker). Most sites I have visited so far only provide simplified models. I require high detail. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Topher

I don't know what level of detail you seek, but I've downloaded some pretty nice models from McMaster-Carr in the past. In particular, I have used their models of screws and other fasteners.

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

They also have some hinges and pipe fittings. I have also downloaded eye bolts from them.

Chris W

Reply to
Chris W

Thanks for the info. The models at the McMaster-Carr site look great. This is the type of detail I was looking for. I also found another site - VirtualCAD.com - with very good quality models of fasteners and bearings. Unfortunately, no fittings though. Surprisingly, the models at Parkers own site for fittings are not as detailed as I expected.

Topher

Reply to
Topher

I might be lost, but I can't find any area where there are models on the McMaster-Carr site, just catalog pages. What am I doing wrong?

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

Click on the catalog number, and the left pane of the page will change. Near the bottom of that left pane, there will be a link to the model. That is, if the model is available. They have a little symbol that looks like a crosshair, marking the items that have CAD files available.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Thank You, I guess I was selecting items without models.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich