simulating fire flames from gas burners

I need to create more or less realistic fire flames from kitchen gas stove burners.

Can anyone suggest the best way to do this?

Thanks.

Reply to
Alex

kellnerp

Overclock your CPU

Reply to
rocheey

For a model, drawing or rendering? Need more info.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

Alex wrote in news:O5xqc.50588$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com:

Ive done it using semi transparent surface features

It's just a silly model, but the flames were created using lofted surfaces inside one another (irregular spline sections to a point). The flames were made in SW even though the part was made in SurfaceWorks. They were just made transparent and given some emissivity.

Reply to
matt

Cute picture! Does that burn propane or LP gas?

Reply to
Keith Streich

Perhaps a hollow model of the flame, partially transparent, with a light source inside of it?

Reply to
TheTick

It's Matt - uses plain ol' hot air.

(just kidding Matt)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

"Richard Doyle" wrote in news:2h1i61F7jg97U1@uni- berlin.de:

Ooooh, damn!

Reply to
matt

...one way, set the materials to "AIR" setting the colours to "blues", "yellows"... and setting the "refractive index" way up.

best,

JAG

Reply to
JAG

I did a flame from an exhaustpipe using a spotlight....

Krister L

"Alex" skrev i meddelandet news:O5xqc.50588$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Krister L