simulating fire flames from gas burners

I need to create more or less realistic fire flames from kitchen gas stove burners.
Can anyone suggest the best way to do this?
Thanks.

I'd look at Mike Wilson's site. He hasn't done flames, but the techniques should allow you to do that. I am assuming of course this is not a CFD problem you are posing.
Alex wrote:

Overclock your CPU
For a model, drawing or rendering? Need more info.

Ive done it using semi transparent surface features
http://users.adelphia.net/~mjlombard/flames.jpg
It's just a silly model, but the flames were created using lofted surfaces inside one another (irregular spline sections to a point). The flames were made in SW even though the part was made in SurfaceWorks. They were just made transparent and given some emissivity.
Cute picture! Does that burn propane or LP gas?
Keith

were

It's Matt - uses plain ol' hot air.
(just kidding Matt)
Richard

Ooooh, damn!
Perhaps a hollow model of the flame, partially transparent, with a light source inside of it?

...one way, set the materials to "AIR" setting the colours to "blues", "yellows"... and setting the "refractive index" way up.
best,
JAG

burners.
I did a flame from an exhaustpipe using a spotlight....
http://www.mpe.se/referenser/bildgalleri/lbild.asp?id 9
Krister L

burners.

Related Threads