Mate Corruption

We have a user who does some design work for one of our remote R&D facilities via our company intranet. After migrating to SW2004, he began to experience over-defined mates on assemblies. Thinking it was something that one of the remote location users had done, he proceeded to fix the mates. A few days later, the remote branch calls up and says "Why haven't you fixed those mates? We just opened up Assembly X, and they're still there." After numerous phone calls confirming that nobody at that location is accessing files, and repeated fixes, this is still occuring. Here is what we know so far:

  1. We are using 100% identical SW settings on each end. 2. Corruption still appears if the files our saved within our LAN, and never transferred via intranet. 3. Corruption still appears if the file is saved to local hard drives (on any machine). 4. There is no set time for the corruption to occur. It might not happen for a week, a day, or an hour. 5. It only happens on files involving this remote branch. On average, we generate a gigabyte of new SWX files per week, and none of our internal files are showing the same signs of corruption. 6. The user is very proficient with SolidWorks.

Does anyone have any idea what we might have overlooked? I'm leaning toward some level of corruption within the files that occured at the remote location.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

this probably isn't helpful but..while working with 2004 I have had angle mates spontaneously flip out and cause problems -that is the assy then becomes over defined somewhere. any of those used?

Reply to
neil

Is the remote location maybe on SP3.0 and you are on 2.1? We have seen a difference there in that 3.0 will "cherry" a mate that 2.1 will ignore.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

snipped-for-privacy@leggett.com (Jeff) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Have the people at the remote location open the assemblies until they see an error, then check File, Find References to see if all the parts are being referenced from the expected location. A possible cause is that it's getting old versions of parts or subassemblies, which would explain it without require some massive undetected bug or a supernatural act.

matt

Reply to
matt

Did this ever go anywhere? Resolved? If so, what was the answer?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany